$80,000 - $90,000
about 1 year ago
Edward Mann are recruiting for a Government agency based in Central Sydney City. The position is an Accountant on an initial 6-month FTC, with the possibility of extending to permanent following the initial period.
It is paying up to 90k + Super. Candidates must be able to start before the end of March, 1-2 weeks notice at a maximum.
- Assisting in the preparation of the Monthly financial statements (P&L, Balance sheet, cash flow), including general ledger analysis, preparation and posting of journals, and investigation of variances against forecast.
- Preparation of Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting in regular and accurate reporting of corporate credit cards.
- Assisting in the monthly update on the full year forecast, for reporting to the Executive Leadership Team
- Assisting in the production of the portfolio Budget statement and Mid-Year Economic Fiscal Outlook, for submission to the Department of Finance.
- Assisting with queries or submissions requested by other Government bodies, including Department of Finance and Portfolio Head.
- Assisting in the preparation of the year end accounts and statutory accounts.
- Assisting in the external year end and ongoing internal audit processes. Engaging with both the internal and external audit teams and the provision of any requested information.
- Assisting with asset maintenance, including allocation of mobile devices.
- Assisting with BOC minutes and other committee reporting.
- Assisting in the monthly payroll process, including reconciliation of payroll to the general ledger, and employee entitlements review.
- Preparation of the monthly superannuation and PAYG payment.
- Preparation of the monthly Business Activity Statement return.
- Review and analysis of open purchase orders, and project costing
- Review of fortnightly bank reconciliation.
- Providing support to the accounts payable officer as required.
- Assisting with monthly reporting including travel and project costing
- Assisting in the continuous review of finance policies and procedures.
- Engaging with the whole organisation on any queries or requests made to the finance team.
- Tertiary financial or accounting qualification, although those not studying or qualified by experience will still be considered.
- Experience using MYOB or a similar system
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including an ability to effectively and concisely communicate complex financial concepts to diverse audience
- All employees must be Australian citizens and must obtain and hold an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) - Baseline security clearance.