$90,000 - $105,000
20 days ago
Edward Mann are recruiting on behalf of a national Media production business based in Canberra. This is a permanent position paying up to 105k + Super.
You will have a range of duties within a small, but tight knit team. This is a top to bottom position, responsible for Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Payroll, AP/AR and some elements of Tax. This role will also oversee the work of a receptionist/AP officer.
This role will require someone with a range of skills, who is also a strong communicator. But they will be adequately supported and trained by a brilliant CFO who they directly report to.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and credit cards
- Daily management of the consolidated cash flow forecast in consultation with the CFO and Head of Production Finance
- Liaise with bank to facilitate forex transfers between foreign and domestic accounts.
- Accounts Receivable - raise invoices, receipt payments, follow up outstanding debtors including liaison with managers on a regular basis.
- Accounts Payable - approve PO’s, enter invoices, pay suppliers.
- Payroll - preparation of payroll for approx 80 staff each fortnight and annual payroll process
- Preparation of employment contracts for new employees
- Payment of employee superannuation payments
- Month end Balance Sheet and P&L reconciliations (including inter-entity loan accounts) and preparation of workpapers.
- Liaise with insurance broker as and when required during the year and preparation of annual renewal documents.
- Oversight of petty cash, credit cards and operational expenditure for the business.
- Set up new bank accounts as and when required.
- Management of all ASIC corporate documents and payments to ensure they are lodged and paid on time in conjunction with our external accountants
- Preparation, lodgment and payment of payroll tax on a monthly and annual basis
- Liaise with external accountant to set up new companies as and when required.
- Preparation of Australian Bureau of Statistics forms on time
- Management and payment of royalties / commissions
- Preparation of foreign tax exemption forms as required.
- Prepare BAS/FBT for external accountant.
The ideal candidate will be:
- CPA/CA/CIMA qualified. But those with relevant experience or not studying will still be considered.
- Strong attention to detail and with strong time management/organisation skills
- Proven experience working in a busy environment where there are multiple conflicting priorities.
- Well presented, energetic, with strong communication skills, written and verbal.
For more information please apply ASAP.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply