$110,000 - 120,000 + super
18 days ago
Edward Mann is recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join one of Australia’s largest Funds Management firms with close to $100 billion in assets under management.
The role is based in Sydney’s CBD. It is a permanent position paying up to 130k (super inclusive). The role offers other exclusive personal and professional benefits.
The purpose of this role is to work alongside the Finance Manager in maintaining financial control for several corporate entities and assisting in carrying out the financial accounting and reporting responsibilities. You will oversee and deliver on month end processes, including completion of general ledger, consolidation assignments and preparation of board papers. You will also manage a team of up to 2 junior staff members.
- General ledger, reconciliations, and work papers, tax effect accounting and the consolidation of statutory cash flow for FM clients.
- Reconciliation of management profit to statutory cash flow from operating activities, monthly BAS returns & monthly income tax returns
- Transfer pricing activities
- Heavy involvement in the implementation of a new reporting platform and the implementation of a new rebate system
- Invoicing managed investment schemes and institutional clients
- Settlement of intercompany balances
- Assist in ensuring all FM licensed entities always comply with all regulatory requirements
- Calculation of rebate back payments when required.
- Calculation of monthly and quarterly manual rebates.
- Preparation of accruals
- Continuous process improvements across the internal business as well as clients
Stakeholder Engagement Activities
- Notes to the accounts for group reporting
- Preparation of board papers for the business entities
Skills and Experience:
- CA/CPA qualified (studying toward)
- Ideally, five years’ relevant practical accounting experience (2-3 PQE)
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge
- Audit experience would be highly regarded
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills
- Financial Services industry knowledge (highly regarded but not essential) Relevant tertiary qualifications
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.