$105,000 - $115,000
20 days ago
Edward Mann are recruiting for a large National Entertainment & Events business that works to deliver the most unforgettable events experiences for consumers. They are a subsidiary of a much larger International group of companies.
The role is based in Eastern Suburbs/CBD in close proximity to public transport. The role is paying up to $115k + super + other perks.
They are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant that is experienced and committed to strengthening the reporting capabilities. It is the expectation that within 6-8 months this person is willing and able to step into a Group Reporting Manager position and the accompanying duties, salary and title.
- Management of month end reporting timetable for the group
- Preparation of month end reporting pack for some individual entities
- Preparation of monthly management reports required by internal stakeholders and the groups regional office
- Accountability for preparation of accurate and insightful variance analysis and commentary
- Prepare fixed costs budgets and forecast
- Capital expenditure reporting and analysis
- Oversight of taxation and reporting
- Liaising with external auditors and accountants as part of preparation of financial statements
- Review of processes to ensure internal controls standards are met and documented
- Drive process improvement for transactional and financial accounting teams including implementation of new controls required
- Lead administration & integrity of the general ledger to ensure accuracy of financial transactions
- Oversee consolidation and reporting of results to the group and acting as key liaison for accounting policies and issues
- Special assignments as directed by the Group Reporting Manager and Finance Director
- CA/CPA Qualified or equivalent, although those not studying or qualified by experience will also be considered.
- Experience in month end and financial statements preparation
- Proven track record in ability in managing multiple projects within a fast paced, creative and challenging environment
- Experience across complex group structures
- Exposure to mid-to-large size ERP system is beneficial (Oracle ideal)
- Strong attention to detail and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative industries experience very highly regarded
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.